Thursday, August 28, 2008

Proud Mary

Project Runway Spoiler Level Red: Pretty spoily, unless you've been paying attention to the last 3 episodes. In which case, you knew who's butt was getting jettisoned this week. Because, when a designer shows a major case of his design writing hubris checks that his boutique can't cash, you know they gots ta go.

And as a side note, loved Leeanne's design. If I ever have to go to a fetish party at Versailles, that's the dress I want to wear. And if for nothing other than the vision of a model shoving wads of muslin in the sides of her underwear because she's got the hips of a 12-year old boy (eat! EEEEAATTT!), it deserved to win just based on the chuckle factor alone.

And on to Keith. Keith. Keith. Keith. Pride goeth before the Auf. Here was your mistake: you assumed that because the judges disagreed with you that they were stupid, therefore you designed something stupid, hoping they would like it. Mistake. Big one. And after having seen that dumb little number he threw up on the Runway, and the back sass he gave the judges (smarting off at Laura Bennett? Honey, that Mama's spanked bad little boys before. Watch it.), I would have thought that he'd be relieved to get bounced.

Until I saw his taped exit confessional. People. He cried. Because he was going to have to go home and be gay in Utah. Oooh. Ouch. Honey. I'm so sorry. That really must suck. I'm actually hoping that one of the other designers gets sick, and under the Official Jack/Chris Ruling of 2007, Keith gets to return. Maybe Blayne gets a bad case of the DTs because he goes into melanin withdrawal as he hasn't been able to tan for over a week, or Stella gets a bad case of scotch. Anyway. Buck up, little soldier. You'll be okay. I just know it.

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I am glad he is gone. He was really getting on my nerves. And what a crybaby pussy! I hate crying men. Unless their wife or child just died. Then it is ok. On the other hand, I think Korto's design was my favorite. That coat looked posh! You could not tell that it was made from automobile seat belts (unlike Mr. Tanorexic's, whose design looked like a dress made of seat belts).

FirePhrase said...

I adored Korto's coat dress. Girl has mad skills. And I could tell the minute that Blayne's whickety-whack dress came out that somebody was going to say something about the boob-fins on the top of the dress. It was only the glass embellishment that saved his sun dried touche.

Keith's a man? Whaaat? No!

WashingtonGardener said...

Korto has been my choice as winner since day 1 - the rest should pack it in.

Again Stella and Blayne are saved ONLY becuase someone else was worse - they are both lucky - but they will be gone real soon.

This season I've so disagreed with the judges winner picks - how Keith won with that fish-scale-mess was beyond me (and irked the other designers too) - this week was FINALLY dead on with their choice. If you are going to make a car-dress -- this was it. It was Metropolis meets Thierry Mugler - loved it! Leeanne - who knew THAT was in you!

FirePhrase said...

LeeAnne is turning into my dark horse pick. But Korto may be unstoppable. Stella is just so far outclassed, I can't figure out how she ended up on the show. Nothing she does is innovative, stylish, well-cut or even just pretty. Sure, bikers need clothes too. But when have you ever seen Harley-Davidson at Fashion Week?

TIME: Quotes of the Day