Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And our Most Improved Award goes to . . .



Yes. Blink your eyes and look again. The redhead in the swanky/chic embellished yellow suit and vertiginous, gam accentuating heels is indeed Tilda Swinton. I know. I didn't believe it either. Blink blink.

I now find myself in the awkward position of having to apologize to Ms. Swinton for any comments I made about her fashion sense after she wore the Sac de Hefty to the Oscars this year.

No, wait a minute. I don't apologize. That black trash bag of a dress was totally heinous. Add a kicky headdress and she could have played T'Pau in the Star Trek re-make (whoa. geek check). There's really no excuse for showing up at the Academy Awards looking like a bag lady. Literally.

But this outfit says that either I gravely underestimated her fashion sense, based on one deeply unfortunate instance, or she got a stylist. Or a psychiatrist. Cause if you can pull of a suit like this (and if you're a tall, thin redhead with good legs, why couldn't you?), there's no reason to be dressing yourself in the Derelicte line of clothing from Mugatu.

So, now what up with Frances McDormand? I had no idea she knew my Grandma well enough to borrow her sandals.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day