Thursday, August 28, 2008

Little things

It's funny how stupid little differences can make you like something better. Do green M&Ms taste different? No. But I still like them best. Maybe it's that green is my favorite color, and green M&Ms are a near perfect shade. Maybe it's that the green ones "make you horny", ant that still makes me laugh. Maybe it's that they seem to be slightly more rare in your average bag. Whatever. Though I love all M&Ms, I just relish those green ones a tiny bit more.

And there's a paper clip on my desk that I rescued out of a jar. Why? It's tiny. Just smaller than a standard small clip. Don't know where it came from. And it's not technically different than other paper clips. It wil will probably hold about as many sheets. It's not special really. It's just that it's cute. And I'm saving it. Will I have some super-duper special project that will need an extra cute paper clip? Unlikely. I'm only keeping it because I like it. Eventually, I'll run out of the regular, not cute kind, and I'll have to use my special paper clip. And I'll be a little sad when it's gone.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I think we females are genetically programmed to help and protect the small and defenseless - hence, loving tiny, cute paper clips, collecting doll houses, etc. - can;t help you in the green M&Ms - think that is just good marketing.

FirePhrase said...

Yeah, there is something about the runt of the litter, isn't there?

I know the green M&M thing is illogical. Yet completely inescapable. I save them for last, because of course, you eat the best ones last.

TIME: Quotes of the Day