Monday, June 2, 2008

Ale Ale Ale

You know between the Dem primaries, cyclones, earthquakes, the raid on the polygamist compound, and about 30 other minor to major hullabaloos the last couple of months, I've been watching a lot of CNN. A lot. It's become music to clean my house to.

So, I'm watching the results in Puerto Rico yesterday. Hillary looked fab. And why shouldn't she win PR? San Juan is practically a suburb of NYC. And you have to love a political meeting that plays Ricky Martin's the Cup of Life. Frankly, I think this is an overlooked rally gem. "Here we go!" You can shake your bon bon and get your political freak on at the same time. Far bettter than Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow, which if I never hear again it will be too damn soon. Freaking Fleetwood Mac.

But anyway, before I got sidetracked by visions of Ricky Martin workin' it in flat front chinos and a tight ribbed shirt (ah, good times), my actual point was - Does Wolf Blitzer ever sleep? He's on CNN all the freakin' time. He's got the Situation Room. Then if there's an election he's tag teaming with Anderson Cooper. And it seems like he's on specials all weekend. I believe the word is "ubiquitous". The Wolf is a machine. I mean that literally. I'm starting to wonder if he was created in an advanced robotics lab at CNN. I'm kind of watching now to see if somebody accidentally bumps into him, and a maintenance panel falls off. Bet there's an Energizer battery in there. Ale Ale Ale.

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I cannot watch CNN. All those depressing news stories. And the tickers! They are so distracting. I can't catch the actual news reports because I am trying to keep up with the ticker. It drives me crazy.

WashingtonGardener said...

I hate CNN and their brethren because like many othersthey did bupkiss to question the run-up to the war - no matter what they maintain NOW - I was there - I did the protests - I know how they heaped scorn on us and acted like the admin's faithful lapdogs - it was sickening :-(

WashingtonGardener said...

PS I have been dwelling lately on what MY political theme song would be = I check myself though - that is a dangerous road to start thinking on...

FirePhrase said...

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm a CNN user. Gotta have my fix.

I don't really notice the ticker much any more. Except when I see half of something startling fly by. Like "expected to hit there in 5 minutes". What? Where? Do I need to take cover or run out and see whatever it is?

You should have heard CNN's John Roberts going off about the misinformation in the run-up to the war. Dude is seriously pissed. He definitely has a "won't be fooled again" policy with the White House now.

Hmm. That would take some serious contemplation. A good theme song is critical. But you in public office doesn't take that much thought. You'd be good at it. No question. All you'd have to decide is do you want the headaches or not.

TIME: Quotes of the Day