Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hey, get off my lawn!

I've only seen one picture of Barak Obama and John McCain standing together.  They're hard to find.  You know why?  McCain is no dummy.  He looks crusty standing next to Obama.  There's older and experienced and there's just plain old.  And standing next to somebody like Christopher Dodd or Ron Paul, McCain looks fairly reasonable.  Plus he's got a cougar wife.  That helps.  He just looks like a politician.  

But you stand him in close proximity to Obama and he just looks old.  And he can talk the experience line all he wants, but you can't help but want to tell Grampy that he'd better sit down and take his blood pressure medicine.  It's like if I was on the Bachelor (in some bizarro world where all the laws of probability and common sense are turned upside down), I wouldn't want to stand next to a 19-year old at the rose ceremony.  Sure in those extra years, I've gained wisdom and perspective.  But my ass is also riding about an inch and a half lower than it was before I hit the 2 decade mark.  A little distance between me and the sweet young thing would work to my advantage.

So as they look for McCain's running mate, maybe this is something they might want to take into account.  Mitt Romney standing next to him might not be the best idea.  Maybe they should get somebody like Arlen Specter or Ted Stevens. Ted Stevens was Jesus' Sunday school teacher.  Too bad they can't get Robert Byrd since he's a Democrat.  He's old as dirt.  He'd make McCain look practically spry.  They could call it the Grumpy Old Men Ticket.  

3 comments:

Desiree' said...

Poor McCain. He just doesn't stand a chance against these young whippersnappers. lol

FirePhrase said...

Yeah, and I've heard that he's really mean if your ball lands in his yard.

Desiree' said...

lol

TIME: Quotes of the Day