Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wait for your pitch, Hil

Oh, I hope Hillary Clinton isn't the VP nominee. Not because I think she would or wouldn't make a good VP. What this primary has taught me more than anything else is, whether it's long and drawn out or a race to a nomination, I really couldn't care less. It all degenerates to a cult of personality in the end, and doesn't amount to a hill of beans worth of difference between the candidates. The chatter debating Obama and Clinton has descended to the level of debating Team Anniston and Team Jolie. This election could have been covered as easily by US magazine as it was by Time. I paraphrase Sam from Burn Notice when I say "you know politicians; a bunch of bitchy little schoolgirls."

The reason that I hope that she isn't the VP nominee, is because of something I heard on a news network, which for the comfort of some readers shall remain nameless, but rhymes with PNN, last night. One of the talking heads pointed out that VP isn't the only job she could be offered. How about Supreme Court Justice? My eyes went twinkle. My lips went oooooooooooooo. Nice. Let's face it. She's qualified. In spades. And the potential this has to make the ultra-right foam at the mouth is absolutely limitless. Talk about throwing the cat amongst the pigeons. Bwah-ha-ha! And that's not a 4-year term. You can be on the Supreme Court until they pry that gavel from your cold dead hands.

Justice Clinton. Somehow that just reeks of . . . mmmm. . . justice? Plus, I'd love to see her and Scalia get in a fistfight. My money would be on Hil.

2 comments:

Desiree' said...

I'm still holding out for the whole enchilada. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

FirePhrase said...

I think she's going to be getting some major pressure from TPTB as soon as the polls close tonight. The Dems want their convention to be a big "rah rah" moment. Not a knock down drag out between Obama and Clinton. A black man in a fight with a white woman? Not a pretty picture. And not good for party morale. That fat lady may be singing sooner rather than later.

But then, let's face it, I'm not exactly Carnac the Magnificent when it comes to party politics. She could pull it out.

TIME: Quotes of the Day