Monday, July 19, 2010

It has to be said

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100719/en_afp/uspoliticsoffbeatlanguageislampalin_20100719160312

Sarah, I know Shakespeare. I studied Shakespeare. You, my dear, are no Shakespeare.

And while we're at it, it was quite obvious what word you thought you were saying. Nice try. And there's a big difference between coining a word and pulling a malapropism out of your ass. Stick to the 50 cent words. Leave the $10 lexicon to those who know what they're doing.

5 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Kathy Griffin called her the "Britney Spears of politics" oh so dead on.

FirePhrase said...

But nobody ever thought Britney was brighter than the average bear. Apparently there are some people who still buy Palin's homespun shtick. She's freaking teflon. W. in drag. Heaven forfend.

victory4angela said...

I know people who love Palin and I can't figure out why! When will she just shut her mouth and go away?

FirePhrase said...

I believe my old advertising professor would call her a combination of "bandwagon" and "just plain folks" appeal. And she's second only to Kathy Griffin in her willingness to whore, I mean, promote herself.

FirePhrase said...

True dat. Kathy doesn't need to worry. Levi will come running back.

TIME: Quotes of the Day