Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where's my pot o' gold?

So, I pull up the temp to see if we hit the triple digits. Valid concern. And I see this warning "Severe Thunderstorm Alert."


I'm like, what are you smoking? Sunny as hell out there. I pull up the doppler radar. There's a big cell, but it's way out east of town. Buh low me, weather.com. You don't know what you're talking about.


2 hours later, out of the 45th floor window, is it raining out there on the horizon?


5 minutes later, is that hail?


Big ass hail. Quater sized hail. Cracking agains the windows. And a full giant double rainbow blazing across downtown. Looking like it's ending directly in front of the old Grand Hotel. A truly improbable spot for a pot of gold to show up. [My camera phone doesn't really capture how truly stunning this was.]


I apologize for mocking you, weather gods. You are fearsome and mighty.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day