Friday, July 10, 2009

Gots the giggles

Last night, I don't know. Maybe I was just tired. But everything was making me laugh. I was at the Target. It's my happy place [When under stress I visualize there - You're in the linens section. Look they have a new towel set in sunflower yellow and hot pink. . .] But it doesn't usually lead to giggle fits.

Fer instance, I'm checking out the movies section. Lots of dealios to look at. Then I see Lars & the Real Girl. Hmmm. My eye is caught. Got good reviews, but an indie flick that I didn't manage to get out to see. Waaaaait . . . What's that banner?



It's part of the "White Wedding Collection". Snort. I don't know, something about the story of a shy guy and his latex lady love just seemed like a slightly, mm, odd pick for a marketing promo tied to weddings. And look! Includes a CD of wedding music favorites. Wonder if Super Freak is in there?

I don't know. I just started doing that sort of surpressed snorggle in the movie aisle. I couldn't decide how insane I'd look laughing by myself in the Target, so I veered between outright chuckling and trying to shush myself. And of course, taking photographic evidence.
Then I wander over to the clothing department. Mmmm. Stuffs kinda chintzy. Other than a retro reversible car coat in teal wool, with a lavendar satin lining. Tres chic at $40. But I'm coated up at the moment, so I pass. But what's this. A super 80s over-sized tank? Why the 100 and humid weather tells me this might be just the thing. Love the color . . oh, waaaaait.
What does that say?
Stay!
Free
Stay!Free.
Stayfree.
Ummmm. Do you suppose anybody thought about that before they slapped it on a tank top? The really fun part is that there was only ONE left on the sale rack. How many women are walking around wearing this - "Yeah, girls! Stay free! Right on!" Whip out that camera phone.
12 hours later, it's still funny.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day