Wednesday, July 8, 2009

To quote Han Solo: Don't get cocky, kid.

There’s this bunch of commercials for AT&T cellular touting the rollover minutes. Mom wants Sonny Boy to use the rollover minutes, because they're just as good as the new ones. But profligate, wastrel brat that SB is, he just wants the fresh new minutes. And to start out it was kinda funny. Every parent and child have had the “you don’t need to use half a roll of toilet paper every time you go to the bathroom”, “shut the door are you trying to air condition the entire neighborhood”, “don’t pour a full glass of milk if you’re only going to drink a sip” conversation at some point. Oh, ha, ha, ha. It’s funny because it’s true.

But that kid is just staring to piss me off. Like the one in the car where he smarts off with “saving minutes saves money” all mocky like. At this point I’m just rooting for the mother to turn around and whip her phone at the kid. And I’m not just talking a warning shot. I want her to peg him right in the forehead. Not that I’d advocate child abuse. But sometimes. . . you know what I’m saying? It’s a little warranted. Mom needs to regain the upperhand. Just give him a nice little mark right between the eyes so that Sonny Boy knows with whom he’s messing.

5 comments:

momo said...

I shouldn't read your blog when I am at the switchboard ... this was laugh out loud funny! I so agree, they need to let the mom wack that smart-ass kid in the head, take away his damn phone and give all his minutes to his sweet little bro.

victory4angela said...

That's my new company! I turned in my notice Monday and I'm gonna go work for AT&T.

I'll give them your suggestion. Whack SB with a phone. Got it.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, watch it. Laughing? I don't believe that's company policy, Mo. I love the way the younger brother just steps back with that "Duuuude" look on his face.

Good luck at AT&T, V. I did my own tour at the Death Star in the early 90s. Considering that about 3/4 of my relatives have worked for AT&T at some point in their lives, it's kinda the family biz. You'll have to let me know if they still make people take that damn Painting the Roses Red training. I had to spend about 10 minutes holding hands with my boss's boss. I nearly died of embarassment.

WashingtonGardener said...

I like the garage sale one where the other customers try to grab th minutes cause THEY know what they are worth. I wanted to smack that kid from the first in the series - too many like him out there/

FirePhrase said...

Whoo, not a lot of love for Sonny Boy. Wonder if the guy knows that he's playing a super villain.

TIME: Quotes of the Day