Thursday, May 8, 2008

What's for lunch?

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/does-your-lunch-need-a-lift-161418/

So, I see the link - "What you should really eat for lunch". Good topic. Inquiring minds want to know. Click.

Who are these people? Grilled salmon and a sweet potatoe for lunch? Are you kidding me? I don't even know how that would work. Aside from the issue that it's pricey, how do you heat salmon in the lunch room without making everyone for 3 floors hate you deeply? Or was I supposed to throw it on the hibachi that I keep on top of the filing cabinet and grill it right there? And a sweet potato? Who has a sweet potato in their lunch bag? Yes, indeed, they are yummy, but they aren't exactly a side dish for the gal on the go.

The other options are more feasible, strictly speaking. It would be within the realm of possibility to do a dark, leafy salad with steak for garnish. But considering that I'm between personal chefs (good help is so hard to find), unless I start dating Danny Boome (and seriously, Danny, call me) and he starts packing my lunches for me, I consider it a major achievement that I'm able to throw a frozen dinner and a piece of fruit into my lunch box. Martha Stewart ain't got nuttin' on me.

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I hear ya sister! Most days, my lunch consists of a Michelina's frozen meal. That, or whatever other frozen meal that is currently on sale for $1. (This week it was Bagel Bites...yummy!) When I run out of frozen meals, I have a few handfuls of Cheddar Jack Cheez-its. Nutritious and delicious!

FirePhrase said...

I usually skip the Michelina's because they relie a little too heavily on sweetness to give their frozens flavor. But I did get the buffalo chicken snacks, and can attest to their yumminess. You just have to watch the portion size on those. They are in the healthy section, but the label says that there are 2 servings in that little tiny box. Who only eats half? Sneaky, sneaky.

WashingtonGardener said...

I;m so with you, Desiree - Micelinas and Banquet - Celeste Pizza 4 one - anything $1 and frozen is good by me.

FirePhrase said...

My bar-none favorite is the Lean Cuisine stuffed rigatoni and veg bowl. Unbelievably good. But it's pricey. I'll only buy if I've got an extra good coupon.

TIME: Quotes of the Day