Tuesday, July 21, 2009

There are yellow toes in Texas

I'm just going to be a nice person today. This particular gal gets enough flak, and I'm not going to add to the barrage (other than to say that she's put on a couple of needed ounces, and good for her), so I've cropped this down to the essentials.

Holy Hannah.

Are those open-toed cowboy boots? Sweet Alamo. I'm a native Texan and a Dallas resident, and we're not know for our subtlety. We think Denim & Diamonds balls are formal. And even I find these bastardized leatherette confusions appalling.

Number one, you can't wear sh** kickers that are open toed. Form; function. Form; function. You do not want to meet up with a cowpie with your tootsies unprotected. The cows would laugh at you.

Number two, did we not learn our lesson with the spike-heeled construction boots? In pink, no less. Foo-wah, people. Unless you are in the Sexiest Women with Blue Collars issue of Playboy, or doing a pole routine to She Works Hard for the Money, there's just no call for it. Work shoes are for work. Ho shoes are for, well other kinds of work. And ne'er the twain shall meet.

3 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I can;t decide if these are open Cowboy boots or just very intricate gladiator sandals -- either way hate 'em

WashingtonGardener said...

I can;t decide if these are open Cowboy boots or just very intricate gladiator sandals -- either way hate 'em

FirePhrase said...

I had the same question, but the V at the top convinced me that they were cowboy boots. Or some unholy offspring of a cowboy boot and a gladiator. A really bad idea.

TIME: Quotes of the Day