Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sing, sing a song*

Have you ever noticed that once you sing a song the wrong way, you never can quite sing it the right way again?

You may sing "Jingle bells". But the next thing you want to say is that "Batman smells." Birthday boys live in a zoo, cause let's face it, when you look like a monkey, you should. Old Smokey is covered with cheese. And catch me riding nerdy. You start out the right way, but that evil little imp of parody is always whispering in your ear. And it all goes wonky in spite of your best intentions.

Currently, the music playing in my head is "Who put the donk in the ba-donka-donk . . ." Where did that come from? Tell Weird Al to strap on the accordion, I smell a hit!

* I love that song, by the way. It's goofy. It's cheesy. It makes me happy. :)

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day