Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's a gyp, I tell ya

Awww. There's a picture over on CNN that a guy took of himself voting (I'd post the link, but it will probably be gone soon anyway), and he's voting on one of those big, old-fashioned voting machines that's a real booth and has all the buttons. I bet it has a curtain and a big lever too. Dude. I always wanted to vote on one of those. That guy looks really happy.

When my Mom went to vote when I was a little kid, I'd try to sneak a look under the curtain (Mom took voter privacy very seriously) and see what was going on. I couldn't wait to be old enough to use one of those things. But in the 20+ years I've been voting, I've never gotten to use one. Today I had to use a legal sheet of paper and a Sharpie pen. Sucks.

No stickers. No buttons. No curtains. No fair.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Ours is a computer panel and stand that unfold from a big case -- not sexy.

Though after this week's Simpsons and the curtained voting booth that ate Homer, I'll stick to out in the open.

FirePhrase said...

I'm willing to risk it. I want to use one of those old school voting machines SO BAD. It wouldn't even have to be an official election, though that would make it better. Just let me push the buttons and pull the lever.

TIME: Quotes of the Day