Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NOT!!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/14/caylee.grand.jury/index.html

Holy cow. It's been awhile since my outrage/disgust button has been punched. I thought maybe I was past it. But there is one statement in this article that jammed on that button like a trained monkey.

It's a story about the indictment of Casey Anthony for the murder of her daughter Caylee. And you can tell what tactic her lawyer is going for when he busts this one out - "She has been living a nightmare," the attorney added. "She has a missing child. She's also a child."

A 22-year old woman IS NOT A CHILD.

But he's going to try to make her out to be some poor, confused kid who's being railroaded by the legal system. Just hoping that one person will feel pity for her and hang the jury. I guess he's got a shot. There's one born every minute. And there's not telling that one won't end up on that jury.

And honestly, I don't know if she's guilty or not. That's for a jury to review all the evidence presented and come to a reasoned conclusion. I can say that she's got a good shot at an insanity defense. Because running around partying with your friends and entering "hot body" contests when your daughter is missing is bug-f***ing INSANE. Oh, and thinking it's okay to not call in a missing person's report for over a month, and then making up the babysitter that you left you child with and thinking no one will check, that's just completely our of your tree. Oh, and while we're at it, saying that the decomp smell in the back of your car is an old pizza? Who the hell puts a pizza in the trunk of their car and forgets it?

Anyway, like I said, I don't know that she's guilty. But I'm thinking I wouldn't be the sympathetic juror her lawyer is hoping for.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I don't think there is ANY doubt of her guilt at this point so the lawyer is already tring to get that lighter - i.e. not death penalty - sentence in line by creating this ridiculous sob story - "only a child herself" - my ass!

FirePhrase said...

I get the feeling that Casey Anthony has been treated like a child for far to long, by a lot of people. And Florida likes the death penalty almost as much as Texas, so he's going to have to talk fast.

TIME: Quotes of the Day