Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Labor Day, Another Storm

Okay, I have to leave my house.  Because if I don't, I will spend all day watching Gustav coverage.  I've already seen they've made Gary Tuchman from CNN evacuate from the Lower 9th.  I swear to Jesus, one of these days I'm going to see that man reporting from a hurricane in scuba gear.  He loves some heavy weather gear.  (whoops - there's some major dead air on CNN.  They're starting to lose communications)

What the hell is it with hurricanes?  Do they hate Labor Day weekend?  

Looks like one gift from Katrina and Rita is that we are starting to treat hurricanes with the respect due.  Hopefully for many years lives will be saved because we remember what happened in 2005. 

Now I really need to go outside or I'll make myself crazy watching those damn levies.  See y'all tomorrow.

[Message to Des:  Hope you didn't get anything but a little rain out of this.  Stay safe and dry!]

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day