Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tai Chi Loosely Translated

Yep. I'm still sticking with it. It was rough going for awhile, but I'm starting to marginally get ahang of things. We're about half way through the form. We'd be farther along if yours truly hadn't been holding the class back a bit. The whole "which hand goes on top?" thing is hard for me. But the more I practice, the easier it gets.

My one big problem is that I'm having trouble with the formal names of each of the movements. They have really nice names like "Crane Spreads Its Wings" and "Cross the Sparrow's Tail". But I can't seem to remember the nice names. So I end up with these bastardized names. Like one sequence that goes "Stab the Bad Guy, Push Him Over, Turn Right, Morris Day, Wonder Woman Bracelets, Hold the Baby Tiger." I have no clue what the real name is on that one, but I'm pretty sure it really does have something to do with a tiger. Then there's my favorite sequence: "Scratch Your Elbow, Hold the Ball, Back Away, Monkey! Back away, Monkey! Back Away, Monkey! Hey, Don't Sneak Up on Me!" That one's fun.

1 comment:

Desiree' said...

Sounds like it! lol

TIME: Quotes of the Day