Friday, July 11, 2008

A frog's a frog, doesn't matter who kisses him

So, Christie Brinkley's marriage is officially down the crapper. Sad for her. And I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't know how many guys my age would say about a woman that she's "pretty, but she's no Christie Brinkley." How dumb is her husband? He had the Christie Brinkley, and blew it. Talk about going out for a burger when there's steak at home.

But this is her fourth marriage to go down in flames. Four.

I think that says something to any woman who ever wondered if she was pretty enough to keep her husband. Or thought about doing something to her appearance to keep a marriage going. You're not pretty enough. Nobody is. There's nothing you can do to change your face or your butt or your boobs that will make a man stay faithful. If her husband cheats, that just puts the last nail in that idea's coffin. Pretty has nothing to do with it. Either you're with a faithful person or you're not. Period. A good man is a good man, no matter whether he's married to Cinderella or the ugly stepsister. And if Cinderella marries a cheater, she gets cheated on.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I agree - 4th time - shame on you. She is no virgin at the spring cotilion - she has been around - he was an ass, but there were NO signs? C'mon.

FirePhrase said...

I always wonder that myself. How many of these guys are true Dr. Jekylls, and how many women just saw the signs but assumed that he'd never be like that to them?

TIME: Quotes of the Day