Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I've got the jinx

I've totally got the whammy on me.

Saturday, my phone service went out, and I was stuck all day waiting for the phone guy to show up. Not that I didn't enjoy sitting on the couch all day. I will sit on the couch all day with very little encouragement.

This morning, my power went out. So I spent the morning worrying that my frozen food was going to go bad, and that the cat was going to go bad too. Killing my sister's cat would not be good for family harmony. Plus, if the house was hot all day, I don't think a dead cat would keep very well. L'Aire du Dead Cat. Not the kind of welcoming smell that you want to open the front door to. So I called my folks to beg them to rescue their grand-cat.

Then when I get to work, the lights on my half of the floor are out. That only lasted a couple of hours, and it didn't affect the phones or the computers. But still. It was all the evidence I need to know that I've got some bad mojo working.

I need to shake the hex off. I don't have a sage smudge at home to smoke the bad vibes out. Do you suppose it would work if I put a bunch of dried parsley in a bowl and lit it on fire? Or maybe I should just stand in the living room and shout "Out, unclean spirit!" Mmmm. Probably not good for my neighbors. What to do? What to do?

6 comments:

Desiree' said...

I am sending you good mojo thoughts so that you can recover from this. "Good mojo to Julie. Boolie, boolie, boolie!" That should do it.

Desiree' said...

PS - I have started my blog here on blogger.

http://sitakatherine.blogspot.com/

FirePhrase said...

Thanks for the good vibes! I'm worried at this point what will happen next. I guess as long as there's no smoke so far, I'm doing OK.

I'll add you to my favorite joints list!

Desiree' said...

Cool! You are already on mine.

WashingtonGardener said...

I had that jinx last month - now it is BACK - ;last night - water went out - then a HUGE explosion in my yard - the eletric pole was on fire -- lots of drama as all the neighbors came over too -- miraculously power was back on 90 minutes later - apparently these pole fires are not a biggie.

FirePhrase said...

I'd have been looking at the flaming electric pole and assuming I'd be royally screwed. 90 minutes? Not bad.

I think I passed my jinx on to my parents. Their neighbor has had water main problems that have knocked out the whole block, off and on, for days. Noisy work crews AND no water.

TIME: Quotes of the Day