Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh. I see.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/18/chevron.blitzer/index.html

Sometimes I look at people (mainly in politics and big business) and think "Just how stupid do you think we are?" And looking at this interview, this is it. Right here. This is just how dumb they think the American public is. Because, you see, we should have figured out that the rise in gas prices is all. Our. Fault. The oil companies have nothing to do with it. They aren't sure why they're racking up record profits. Just lucky, I guess. Shoot. I guess they were just at the right place at the right time. And it's just a coincidence that this meteoric rise in gas prices comes up when they can make a case for opening up offshore drilling areas that they've wanted access to for years. Ain't it funny how sometimes things will just happen at the same time? Shucks. Thank you, Mr. Chevron Man for explaining "supply and demand" to me. You make it sound so simple. I feel lots better now. And here I thought I was getting screwed.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day