Monday, June 16, 2008

Bwwwaaaaaaaah!

Yesterday was a health day for me. All I had on the agenda to do was light housework and stay out of the freaking solar sweat bomb that was the great outdoors. EEE-YUCK. And personally, I find that it's easier to keep my thermo-stat at a higher temperature if I lie like a lump on the couch during the hottest part of the day. So really, it's not laziness. It's the E thing to do. I'm very green-minded that way. Energy conservation is everyone's responsibility.

Anyway, on the health front, I spent most of the day watching Lifetime Movie Network. There was the perfect convergence of my PMS and a Sob Sister Sunday marathon on LMN. I find that a good cry is very cleansing. And I think it's very healthy for my sinuses to bawl until snot runs out of my nose.

And boy, was LMN looking out for my health. The theme was "good Dad/bad Dad". And as a true-blue Daddie's girl, nothing will make me cry like watching Andrew McCarthy as a widower fighting to keep is Chinese, adopted, baby daughter. Or Charles Shaughnessy (or as true The Nanny fans call him - Shister Meffield) finding redemption as he cradles his multi-racial grandchild on his deathbed. By the time we got to the last show, which was a hot, 22-year old country singer trying to keep the baby he made during a one night stand with a cougar who didn't want to be his baby-mama but wanted to give their baby to a lesbian couple (okay, I'll admit by now I was having some trouble following the mildly psychotic, yet strantely cathartic Liftetime-formula plots), I was a sodden mess. I cried so much had to eat some salty snacks in order to restore my electrolite balance. Good times. Good times.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Boy - I sure need to catch Lifetime sometime - I neverwatch it - maybe a maudlin Christmas movie or two but that is it - that Army Wivesshow looks good - but I've committed that time elsewhere.
BTW did you see SexintheCity yet? A good cryer too - if you are feeling PMSy - otherwise, damp eyes but not a tear-jerker.

FirePhrase said...

I think SITC is going to be a renter for me. I was only an associate fan. My sister was heavily into it, so I kind of knew what was going on, but wasn't too invested.

If you see the movie "Perfect Romance" come up, tune it in. Cast included Michael Trucco from Battlestar Galactica, JD Bourne from Stargate and Henry Ian Cusick from Lost. It was like a sci-fi chick fiesta!

TIME: Quotes of the Day