Monday, June 23, 2008

The Kit Kat Klub

So, my niece's cat is staying with me. And if you are keeping count, that makes 2, count 'em TWO, cats. Because, yes, my sister's cat is still with me. I stand in evidence that you can become a crazy cat lady without even really trying.

Heidi cat is not really happy to be staying with me either. She's a little freaked. Lots of hissing going on. I should point out that she's a little pissy on her best days. She's a really pretty cat, but it's like she's got a permanent case of PMS. And staying with me has pushed her over the edge into mild psychosis. I'll walk into the room where she's staying until she gets used to my house (theoretically), and she runs around my legs. I sit down and try to be non-threatening. She comes over and makes all the come-hither-kitty moves -"Pet me! Pet me!!" I slowly move over to touch her - "Hissss!" I back off. "Pet me! Pet me!!" I'm move my hand - "Hissss!" I decide she's had enough togetherness and go to the door. "Meeooow?"

Mitzi cat on the other hand is not even bothered. She made one attempt to make friends, and got a hiss for her troubles. And generally, she's exhibited zero interest in furthering the acquaintance. "What evah. That bitch is craaaazy." "Yeah, I know, sweetie. But don't worry. She's going to stay in the guest room until she decides she can behave." "Well, good luck with that."

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I think just one more cat will give you the official "crazy cat lady" title. Here's hoping another family member needs your cat sitting services. lol

FirePhrase said...

If I have one more cat in that house, they'll have to use a pitchfork to find me under all the cat hair. I don't know how the crazy cat ladies do it. I'm going nuts with the cat hair with just two. What happens when you have 30? It would be like living inside a dandelion.

WashingtonGardener said...

I think to be "the crazy cat lady" cats have to outnumber therooms in your house - so you have a ways to go

cats are like kids - 1 is tough - 2 is harder - 3 on up - they take care of each other ;-)

FirePhrase said...

I can't even imagine 3 at this point. Crazy cat ladies must have a lot of energy. There's an armed truce right now. But they stare at each other like Krushchev and Nixon.

TIME: Quotes of the Day