Thursday, June 26, 2008

I gotta have Faith, Faith, Faith

Got 'em! I have tickets for George Michael. Yes! Cannot wait. I'm going to be boogeying in the nosebleed seats, but I will be there. George will be able to feel the love.

And FYI, Girogios, darling, this is being billed as a "farewell" tour. Let's stick by that shall we? I'm not playing any Cher games. No farewell tour, final farewell tour, final, final, I really, really meant it farewell tour, or Hey, look it's me again, ain't I a dickens? farewell tour. It's goodbye, godspeed, love ya, mean it, goodbye. Small, intimate club dates or benefit concerts are permissible. But if I'm forking out for "farewell", it better goddamn be goodbye. Ya hear me?

But this concert presents two big sartorial questions. First, my usual, what to wear? Of course. This always comes up. You'd think I would have come up with an answer to this one by now. And it's a completely different genre of clothing than my Peacemakers, Western inflected kind of gear. I need something cute. For me. Cause looking for a straight man at the George Michael concert would be like looking for ice water in hell. Yeah, it would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. And of course, for George. If he happens to spot me in my little seat 3 inches from the rafters, I want him to know that I cared enough to dress appropriately.

The other question, is more philosophical: to T or not to T? The t-shirts are always outrageously expensive. But it is the farewell tour (see above), and it might make a nice memento. Then again, the last thing I need is another t-shirt. Hoochita gear, I don't got. T-shirts, I got. And surprisingly, my social calendar yields very few occasions at which it would be appropriate to wear a giant picture of George Michael's face on my chest.

But if it's the butt shot from Faith, I'm definitely buying it.

8 comments:

Desiree' said...

George Michael?!? You are so lucky! I love him. When is the concert?

Desiree' said...

PS...I changed my 360 blast for you.

FirePhrase said...

July 13. I'm just bouncing with excitement.

I'll pop a Valium when I get home tonight and try to get into 360 tonight. Last time it was such an ordeal I had to lay down for an hour to recover.

Desiree' said...

That's funny. I have had no problems whatsoever lately. Maybe it is just you! lol

victory4angela said...

Oooh, GM on my birthday - exciting. I'm seeing Mamma Mia live (and the movie comes out July 18 with PIERCE Brosnan and COLIN Firth. I will be in heaven).

Anywho, I saw GM back in '88 or '89 and he was fantastically awesome. That was the Faith tour (and before we really knew he was not into chicks, but suspected). He shook his booty in those tight jeans and the whole audience erupted in squeals. Fun times.

FirePhrase said...

I am dying for the Mama Mia movie. Love the ABBA. Does Pierce Brosnan sing?!? And who's that third guy in the commercial? He seems vaguely familiar but I can't place him.

I just read the review from the LA show. Evidently George is still shaking his moneymaker. Right on!

Desiree' said...

So I checked his tour dates, and the closest he is coming to me is Atlanta. Thats about a 6 hour drive. Oh well, you can tell me all about it and I will live vicariously through you.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, bummer. I'll take it as a personal duty to faithfully report all the delicious details. I'm afraid camera phone shots are going to be a complete wash on this one. But I'll do my level best to do a "and you were there" wrap-up.

TIME: Quotes of the Day