Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Out, out damn germs

Okay, long story short. The gal who doesn't wash her hands handed me something.



It's true. The world does slow down in that sort of situation. I could see it coming toward me. Growing larger and larger as my eyes focused on it plummeting toward me. I got tunnel vision. The blood rushed in my ears. Oh, god, what do I do? What do I do?



I took it of course. She seems like a nice lady. And screaming and smacking the object to the ground would seem to be a bit of an over reaction. Just a smidge. Do I touch ookie stuff all day every day? Prolly. People do nasty stuff all the time out of my line of sight. And lord knows what you touch just going about your day. But generally, I am unaware of the proximal cause of any ookiness. And if I might as well lick a petri dish as touch that door handle, I'd just rather not know. Ignorance is, if not bliss, at the very least not anxiety provoking.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day