Thursday, May 22, 2008

Moto Cop


And I thought I had enough trouble taking bicycle cops seriously. Lookie lookie at what the Dallas cops are toodling around downtown on. I just started giggling when I saw these little scoobies parked outside a restaurant. I haven't seen anyone humming along on one, but I'm reliably informed that it's a really special sight. And, why, yes, that is a bicycle helmet hanging from the handlebars. Just to complete the image.


I understand the need to keep up with the times. But, fer real, Dallas has too many chubby cops to be able to excuse these things. Some of them verge on the, if you'll forgive the word, porky. Walking a beat wouldn't hurt them any. Maybe they should be earning the name "flat foot", instead of zipping around town on grandma's Hum-a-Round.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

So Reno 911!
Our downtown SS police fired their horses and really upset me a few years ago and now run around on those lame Segways -- I'm used to it now and none of them is fat that I've seen - I think it takes balance for riding these ones - for the scooters you pictured, it may be okay for frontally-challenged folks.

FirePhrase said...

That front wheel is probably to stabilize the gut factor. Some of Dallas's finest truly are fine. But some have been hitting the kolaches a little to hard. And why doesn't DPD have a mounted patrol? It's Texas for crissakes!

TIME: Quotes of the Day