Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wise Chick

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/fashion/15skin.html?ref=style

Interesting article in the NY Times about gals who don't shave. But the most interesting of all is a quote from Amanda Palmer, a musician and fiancee of Neil Gaiman. Engaged to the man who wrote American Gods? I already respect her like crazy. But then she whips out this quote to teens who would emulate her: “You know what’s really cool? Wake up every morning, decide what you feel like doing, and do it.” Damn. I may have to adopt that as my new life philosophy.

3 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

This is a LOT easier to say by women with dark skin-dark hair or light skin-light hair for those of us with combos of the above - it is an unpretty world out there.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, I'm not planning on going Natural Woman, as I'm in the light skin, dark hair camp. But as an overall MO, I kind of like the idea of moving toward every day, waking up, asking myself what I feel like doing, and doing it. Listening to your gut rather than the howling mob. It's a radical idea.

WashingtonGardener said...

I agree - good to tune IN and drown out the crowd's roar

TIME: Quotes of the Day