Monday, April 12, 2010

Double Down - go for broke

http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

Okay. This thing.

On the one hand, I just wanna eat it. It's like some crazy ass challenge to my carnivore cred, and a screw you to my newly found good food girl status. Eating this would be like bungee jumping off Mt. Everest. What is not insane about a sandwich that is all wich and no sand? It's a sandwhich in which your "bun" is two fried chicken breasts and the filling is the naughtiest of condiments. Breads? We need no steenkeen breads! And it just sits there like some fried gauntlet. Actually, I think an actual fried gauntlet would probably be healthier to eat.

Then you look at the calorie info. Say wha? 540 calories? For the fried version? Okay. It's not exactly "lite" eating. But at 540 calories you could have two of them and still come under the calorie load of some of the salads at Chili's. Which leads me to believe that it is either the size of a jellybean, or it's actually hollow on the inside like cheapo chocolate bunny.

Still, I admit to a morbid curiousity. Sue me. Inquiring mind.

5 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I'll try it - at least once. Hey the bread gets in the way anyway.

FirePhrase said...

Ditto on the bread. At least at most fast food chains. It usually ends up kind of gummy and unappealing. Wasted calories. Though I do have to say that the roll on the breakfast sandwhiches at Sonic is worth the expenditure.

victory4angela said...

The lite version is only 460 calories. My eyes popped out at the sodium - holy moley!

Check out the salads at CPK. The Thai Crunch, which was my fav, has about 1,000 calories and crazy amounts of fat. I might as well eat a double whopper or two of these chicken thingies.

FirePhrase said...

Did you see the worst pastas from Captain No-No? (the Eat This, Not That guy) The children's pasta alfredo at CPK should come with a complimentary visit from child protective services. Something like 1800 calories and double the fat intake for an adult in one day. These Double Downs are practically health food compared to that.

WashingtonGardener said...

ok now i just found THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BibzbXKDczk&feature=related

TIME: Quotes of the Day