Monday, July 13, 2009

Yeah, and Ken left Barbie, too

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jessica-simpson-dumped-by-tony-romo/25140?nc

Echoing what Dallas Cowboys fans probably will think of this event (Jessica Simpson is considered something of a jinx), I'm going to have to echo their applause. Well done, Mr. Romo. When your TWENTY-NINE-YEAR-OLD girlfriend has a BARBIE themed birthday, it's time to make like Lee Nails and press on.

I mean, between the unabashed meddling of Daddy Joe Simpson, having to make polite conversation with Ashley Simpson and her doofus husband, and the derision of your colleagues, you have suffered enough. I would bet good money that Jessica has a pillow in her bedroom that says "Princess" in rhinestones. Gooood money. Big money. And that should have been your first clue to head for the exit. But you were dazzled. She's a pretty, hometown girl. I can see why you would try to make that one work.

But at the point where there are plans being made for a BARBIE themed TWENTY-NINTH BIRTHDAY party, that's just got to be the hot pink icing on break-up flavored cake. Time to stick a fork in it, my friend.

7 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I'm thinking they must've had the most boring sex lives - ever. You gotta have ONE that tries - Two good looking folks who never had to work for it or at it? Just sad to picture.

FirePhrase said...

Oh, I know. "You're so good looking." "No, you're so good looking." Yawn. Not something I'd pay to see. If I paid to see that kind of thing.

victory4angela said...

Didn't Ken leave Barbie for some GI Joe (NOT Flint - that's my dude)? I want a Barbie & Ken party. That's it! The theme for my 41st birthday! ;)

As a Redskins fan, I had hoped they would be together forever. :(

FirePhrase said...

Ah, see. There's the difference. If you had a Barbie & Ken party it would be with a certain sense of irony. Jessica thinks irony is how you fix anemia.

victory4angela said...

No, Jessica thinks irony is what Romo lifted at the gym. She thinks anemia is when you forget stuff.

FirePhrase said...

Don't make me laugh when I'm having my morning coffee. I nearly hurt myself.

WashingtonGardener said...

I wsa going to say she thinks anemia is when you stop eating - LOL - but Ang beat me to it witha better line.

TIME: Quotes of the Day