Thursday, July 16, 2009

ohthankgod

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2009/07/kate-gosselins-hair-cut-is-not-the-new-rachel.html

I was reading with some relief this article proclaiming that, in spite of the rumors (started by Kate Gosselin, I suspect), this hair-d'oh is not sweeping the nation. Hallelujah. I was afraid somebody I know might get this whack job and I'd have to say how cute it was. You have to. Once somebody's done something this irretrievable to their head, all you can do is like like a dog. In fact, I'd like Snopes to investigate exactly how many people got this I-stood-with-my-back-too-close-to-the-oscillating-fan coiffure. I have enough faith in humanity to say, not many. Don't let me down.


But as I was reading, my eyes kept straying back to the picture. Who does that remind me of? It's right there. So familiar. What? What? What? That's it! You know that Cosmo computer makeover program? The one where you upload your picture, or pick a face that's like yours. Then you can try on different hairstyles, colors, makeups, all with no risk. But somehow you always look like a clown whore - Boobles the Sexworker. This hair looks just like one of those hyper-highlighted hair dos that is in that program that you try on and just laugh yourself silly, and make a jpeg of it to send all your friends - with the message title "LOL: If I ever do this to my head, PLEASE have me medicated."

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day