Thursday, July 16, 2009

Put your hands up and step away from the tweezers

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/fashion/16EYEBROW.html?_r=1&ref=fashion

I'm sorry. I'm just going to have to put the kibosh on this. If you were thinking of going for this look, either by completely removing your eyebrows or by bleaching them into non-existence, I'm sorry. You're just going to have to make a different fashion statement. Because, I'm just not going to let this happen. It is disallowed. Negated. Stopped. Full stopped. Arrested. Don't make me draw eyebrows back on you. Cause I'll make one of them look really, really surprised, and put the other on at a funny angle. Funny to me, not to you.

People walking around with no eyebrows. I mean to tell you. I just never heard of such a thing. Walking around like a plucked chicken. Or the evil henchman in a 80s sci-fi movie. There are people with diseases that wished they had eyebrows and these ninnies are taking them off on purpose. I do not think so. Trying to slip that by me. Well, it ain't gonna happen. I said "no."

I said "NO!"

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Not for me - but an interesting look...

FirePhrase said...

I swear I will never speak directly to anyone who does this. I just wouldn't be able to look at them.

victory4angela said...

Y'know after my eyebrows fell out (at the $&@&*#)* END of chemo treatments), I couldn't wait for them to grow back. I looked like a freaking alien. It was bad enough to be completely bald, but missing eyebrows made me look wierd.

I hate to tell these crazy kids, but my grandma plucked her eyebrows to oblivian back in the day and they eventually stopped growing back. She has to use a pencil every day to draw them back on. Do they want the same fate when they're 50 and it's no longer cute to be eyebrowless?

FirePhrase said...

Plus , they should talk to all the women who have to explain that the reason they have no eyebrows is because they pulled them out as a fashion statement when they were young and stupid. Yes, I did this to myself. I have an aunt with three hairs left between 2 eyebrows.

TIME: Quotes of the Day