Friday, July 17, 2009

Ted

Okay, so I'm watching Better Off Ted last night, and I came to a conclusion. If you're not watching this show . . . why the hell are you not watching this show? It's just damn funny.

And I'll state for the record that I hate The Office. It makes me sad in a desperate, existential angst-ridden, "I suspect that they're laughing at me, not with me" kind of way.

But BOT is like Dilbert with a touch of Monty Python and just a soupcon of Moonlighting, and fly-bys from the Big Bang Theory. The joke last night about the syphillitic conquistadors was immaculate in execution, like a perfect amuse bouche of humor. It was so good it should have been topped with caviar and a drizzle of truffle oil (I may be watching too much Top Chef Masters).

And if tongue-in-cheek humor isn't enough, the guy who plays Ted has possibly the best set of shoulder to ever grace the TV set. He dodges being too good looking by just barely that much. So come on. Why aren't you watching this show?

3 comments:

victory4angela said...

I wasn't watching this show during the regular season because it conflicted with two other shows I was DVRing. But I loved it when I did watch it. Remind me, what night, what network, and what time is it on? (I always wondered how to spell amuse bouche. Yes, you watch too much Top Chef!)

WashingtonGardener said...

I Love Love Love the Office - mostly it reminds WHY I do want work that life anymore. Problem with BOT is its on-and-off-again scheduling -- and like Ang said bad conflicts. Twice lately they listed it and then threw it off the schedule last minute. That does not make for good ratings or viewers. If they gave it a steady and better time-slot, I'd catch it more often.

FirePhrase said...

You're right about them jacking with Ted's place in the lineup. Currently he's on Tuesday 9/8c, but that's just the summer slot - I think. Luckily, I have a very flexible DVR (that can record up to 4 shows at the same time AT&T U-verse ROCKS hard. I suck at hunting down shows. I've lost several shows because they've played hide and seek.

TIME: Quotes of the Day