Thursday, June 4, 2009

Text and the single girl

Well, looks like long threatening has come to pass. I may actually have to pony up for a text message plan on my phone. I've avoided it up until now. I don't really initiate texts. Because of my ladylike demeanor, I wouldn't be so forwarded as to approach someone in a textual manner. Actually, that's a load of crap. I'm just too cheap to fall into the money pit that is texting.

Of course, a few people will text me. My boss will text the "can u wk on Sun" kind of questions. Or my sister will text that Bea Arthur died (whaaaaa!). But for the most part I've been able to dodge it, by this crazy thing called "phoning", where I can convey information "verbally". I know. I'm a whacky, anachronistic, Luddite gal.

But now my Pops has text messaging - dun-dun-duuuuhn! This is going to be the toy of all toys. He's going to have a ton of fun sending my random messages - "just parked the RV", "do you know what a 40 is?", "how are you?". Great. Yes. Love you to, Daddy. And since I refuse to on-line chat with him, I'm probably going to have to give on this one. Reluctantly, I step into the 21st Century.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Yay! texting on cell will also get you on Twitter MUCH more :-) That is the ONLY cell phone texting I do actually

FirePhrase said...

Oh, now I have to Twitter more too? Lord, this stuff is like quicksand.

TIME: Quotes of the Day