Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Not just your average joe

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_on_re_us/us_topless_coffee_shop_fire

Okay. Topless coffee shop, I get. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the waitresses are topless is pretty much irrelevant and immaterial. If the coffee's good, I couldn't care less if the person pouring it is tatas out. Though I'm kind of surprised that their OSHA representative doesn't have something to say about it. I'd think an unsupported bazoom and a hot pot would be a workman's comp claim waiting to happen. But, whatevs.

My question is - how do you turn a coffee shop into something "more like a strip club"? I mean are guys who are hopped up on java as good a tippers as somebody who's been drinking $8 light beers? And speaking of jacked up drinks, what kind of incremental revenue can you expect on cup of espresso?And would Chris Rock have to change his routine to "There is no sex in the Double Iced Peppermint Mocha Latte Room"? Of course, then again, you probably wouldn't need to hire as many bouncers. And the coffee theme does lend itself well to stripper names - "Gentlemen, please welcome to the main stage - Kona Machiato and Jamaica Blue!"

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day