Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What the H-E-double toothpicks is going on here, skippy?

I’m kind of weirded out by what a melee this year’s TV cancellations are. Shows are dropping like flies. And getting saved at the last second. And changing networks. Or getting renewed for partial seasons. (Loving the partial seasons btw. A trick they picked up from cable, and is, in my opinion, very effective.) The only way I’ve been able to keep up is checking EW’s Ausiello Files (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html) for the score.

I honestly have no clue what I’ll be watching next fall. I have this deep-seated fear that budget concerns are going to make the tube a reality wasteland. I live reality. Not a big fan. Oh, well, granted there are a few gems, but dammit, I want scripted TV too.

At this point, all I can say is thank heavens for USA. More and more I find myself pulled in by their “characters welcome” campaign. Of course, Burn Notice. Best show going as far as I’m concerned. And I’ve gotten hooked by In Plain Sight. Wasn’t loving it at first, but a friend told me to give it a second look, and I’m starting to get it. Especially, Marshal the Marshall. Starting to find I have a taste for that tall drinka water. Plus, they have a kick ass secretary now, and I like seeing her represent.

I can just tell setting up the DVR is going to be a nightmare come September. Adding the new. Deleting the old. Deciding if the new kid is worth allocating the memory space to. Ay-yi-yi. What did we do before DVRs?

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Well it will give me more time to blog certainly :-)

FirePhrase said...

Could be the death of TV as we know it. Don't they know that they've got competition for my entertainment quota these days?

TIME: Quotes of the Day