Friday, May 22, 2009

Representing for the Big D - How ya like us now?!?!?

I am just all out of proportion pleased. My dear little Theatre 3 is reviewed in today's Wall Street Journal.

!!
How cool is that? I read Terry Teachout's theater column, even though I'll never get to see any of the shows he reviews (or at least thought I never would), just because I like hearing what's going on, and I like his writing style. Plus, he's admitted that he likes Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I suspect him and me are right here, eye to eye, baby. And occasionally, I get the whiff of what productions are hot, and will eventually amble their way into the provinces (e.g., Dallas).
But what to my wondering eyes should appear? A review of T3's production of Lost in the Stars. Who knew? Such a gas. Like when you're watching a movie and suddenly realize, "Hey, I've been there!" Or it's like Teachout went to one of my niece's school shows and gave it a thumb's up. Weird, but fun. Well, I just feel like a proud auntie.
I've got tickets for Lost in the Stars this weekend. I was a little wary, because, frankly, a musical based on Cry the Beloved Country just didn't sound like a toe tapper. But now I'm all excited. I may even dress nice. (Okay. Probably not.)

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day