Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shoulda checked with me first.

Navy and White. A classic, subtly sophisticated spring combination. The sartorial equivalent of the swallows return to Capistrano. Simple, chic, foolproof.

Or maybe not.

You know what can blow a lovely navy and white summer suit?

White patent, mary jane stripper shoes.

And I know stripper shoes when I see them. Platform with a narrow base. Leatherette that screams "no animal was ever in danger of being harmed in the making of this shoe." Appropriate for a naughty nurse, and will stand up to the punsihment for your kick ass version of White Wedding with a double inverted pole spin.

So, a fashion tip from me to you, before you do your spring shopping. Don't make this mistake.

At least not before Memorial Day.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

No worrie on that - heels and me have parted ways long ago.

victory4angela said...

Ditto. I like a nice "kitten heel" these days - about 1/4" high - and that's as high as I like to go.

FirePhrase said...

I think the problem was that here heels looked like they would soon be parting ways, and meeting behind her ears. Ba-dump-bump. Thank you. I'll be here all week.

FirePhrase said...

I'm with you on the 1/4", until they bring back those chunky 90s heels. The ones that even I can't fall over in. Those come back, and it's game on!

TIME: Quotes of the Day