Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I believe we've identified where the odor is emitting from

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/paulina-porizkova-claims-she-was-fired-by-americas-next-top-model/22448?nc

So, Paulina Porizkova is bitching because she got tossed off of Top Model. Um, I'm just guessing, but I think she may have been fired because she sucked. The one one full episode I watched this season featured here critiquing the models acting performance. Huh, wah? This would be the woman who wasn't even convincing when she had to act in love with Tom Selleck. Tom Selleck. In the 80s. Not convincing. Tom Selleck. Giving acting advice. And being arrogant about it.

Well, then.

I think I need to sit her and Terrence Howard (late of the Iron Man) down and explain something.

You cannot be the only stinky part of a good movie and expect to keep your job. Even if you are hella gorgeous. You can be the only good part of a stinky movie and keep your job (see Brendan Frasier/The Mummy). Or you can hide in ensemble stink in a good movie (see Michael Keaton/As You Like It). But if you are identifiably where the smell is coming from . . . you're toast. Just take your lumps.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

Really on TH in Ironman? I thouht he was fine - didn't give off any stink to me. But know what you mean on PP and others who are oblivious to their own stank.

FirePhrase said...

TH is pretty as hell. But he phoned it in on Iron Man. If even Gwyneth Paltrow (the World Lightweight Champeen of Phoning It In)out does you, there's a problem. I think he'd better check himself or he's going to be sitting next to Wesley Snipes and Val Kilmer in the What Happened to My Career Room.

WashingtonGardener said...

OK that is a room I may want to hang out in sometime -- even if "has been" is painted on the door ;-)

PS You SOOOO need to join me on Twitter = two days in and it rocks!

FirePhrase said...

I have NO internet at home right now. A long story full of sound and fury, and possibly blood and guts if Time Warner isn't the HELL out of my house by the time I get home tonight [growls menacingly]. I may be a wuss, but every wuss has there day.

Hopefully, I'll be in the land of happy technology by Saturday and can join you twitting the light fantastic.

TIME: Quotes of the Day