Thursday, April 23, 2009

Don't hate the player, hate the game

I don’t much talk about my job. I like to keep my private life separate from my business life. But what the hell. I’ll jump the line this once.

My company recently updated it’s employee names directory so that it looks more like a social networking site like LinedIn or FaceBook. Very hip. You can add in contact info, a biography, a list of your skills, your past experience.

Unfortunately, for my skills, I want to list nunchuck skills and drawing ligers, because they’re pretty much my favorite animal. And for my biography, it would start out “I was born a poor black child . . .” And experience? I told ya, my private life is my private life and my bidness life is my bidness life. Unfortunately, I don’t think many of my co-workers would find that as titter-worthy as I do. And there’s a button to report inappropriate content.

This my friends is why I’ll never be a captain of industry. I know when I should play the game. I just choose not to.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

This is a trap - stay away - stay FAR away. I'd bet you serious money many of your co=-pwrkers will peramnently "forget" to fill in their profiles as well.

FirePhrase said...

And I think they think they're being clever. Um, no!

TIME: Quotes of the Day