Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, the rennovation is coming apace. New kitchen countertop yesterday. Yeah! Or shoot! Depending on your perspective. And when your perspective is standing inside the kitchen door, shoot seems more appropriate. In comparison with the pretty new granite, the cabinet doors and wallpaper look all the worse. I'll have pictures tomorrow. Though I'm not sure I want to document this particular phase for posterity. It really does look like hell.

I'm at a point where I'm constantly rearranging furniture in my head (this could go there, but where would that go?). It's getting exhausting. I think that once I get things to a livable state, I'm going to have to take a breather. Live with the new state of the union for awhile, until I get things figured out. But I'm really convinced that it's going to take 4 to 6 months to get things to a point where they are livable. Work, work, work.

I'm kind of at the point where I'm tired of people tromping in and out of my house. I'm tired of losing brain cells to fumes. I'm tired of seeing every new little thing that needs to be done. The one little comfort is that I'm having these little insights. Pop - coral solves the accent problem. Pop - use that curtain as a sheer in the other room. Pop - you can use that book shelf downstairs. Every time I get just to the flusterated point, I get another little pop that nudges me through.

And speaking of changes - I'm an aunt once again. My sister-in-law delivered a 7 lb 11 oz baby boy this morning. My second nephew. I'm lobbying for him to be named Clay, because of Earth Day. But given the fact that my baby brother has spent his entire life doing the exact opposite of what his bossy big sister says, I don't hold out much hope. Anway, welcome to the world, Baby Boy. We're so happy you're here.

3 comments:

momo said...

Congratulations Auntie J!

FirePhrase said...

Thank you, thank you. Mom, Dad, Brother, Grandma and Grandpa are all doing well. I could hear my nephew in the background "babybabybabybaby" He's a little excited.

WashingtonGardener said...

Congrats on the new family member!

And yes, soon you'll have your place all back to yourself and can relax again.

TIME: Quotes of the Day