Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Are you not entertained? Why, yes. Yes, I am.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2009/04/russell-crowe-slimmed-down-for-robin-hood.html

Wuh-ha. Looks like the prospects for Ridley Scott's Robin Hood movie are looking up. I thought we'd lost Russell Crowe to the "Boo-hoo. I'm a character actor trapped in a leading man's body" club (Brad Pitt - charter member). Looks like he's back in fighting form. In fact, he may even be down to his LA Confidential weight.

Alright. I'm a hypocrite. If he wants to sit around and drink Foster's and eat bloomin' onions, that's his right. Big boys need love too. But then again, if it's what's inside that counts, by all reports he's kind of a jackass. He probably needs to a nice exterior to fall back on.

2 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

He is very "puffy" in State of PLay - which goes with the role - I'm sure he was ready to slim down after that.

I'm VERY skeptical about another new Robin Hood - but will give it a viewing.

FirePhrase said...

Robin Hood is one of those stories that gets reimagined every few years. The Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe take on the swords and sandals epic was incredibly effective. I'll be curious to see what they do with swords and tights.

TIME: Quotes of the Day