Thursday, August 7, 2008

Liar, liar, emo pants on fire

Okay, don't know if anybody else is watching, or up on this season of, Project Runway, but I'm just going to throw this out - is anybody else thinking that Blayne [aka The Tanorexic, aka the Oompa Loompa on Atkins, aka It's Fake and Bake and I Helped!, aka He Who Thinks He Is Chistian Siriano And ISN'T And "-licous" Will Never Be Fierce] is waaaaayyyy older than he says he is? I mean way. I just have this total suspicion that he is lying about his age. His bio (http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/bios/bios.php?designer=blayne) on Bravo states that he's 23. Not buying it. Those tiny little emo pants of his aside, I think he's at least 30. That whole "I don't know the Beatles" thing last night? So. Fake. Or he's reaping the skin damage he has so deeply sown.

On a similarly rawhide note, is it just me or is Stella (aka Leather Tuscadero) this season't Vincent? I swear, she's going to say that leather "turns her on" any minute.

And lastly, I forgive Blayne every thing just for the sheer delight of Tim Gunn tossing off, ever so casually now, "holla at ya boy". It is for to giggle. Love the Tim.

4 comments:

Desiree' said...

I am actually up to date right now! Woohoo! Anyway, I can't stand that boys face. Everything about it annoys the crap out of me. And if he says "let me tan" one more time, I hope he gets incinerated by a faulty tanning bed! But I do love the way Tim Gunn has picked up and owned "holla attcha boy". Awesome. It's starting to work for him. Stella is also bugging me. Come on! Everything can't be leatha all the time! I do like Kelly. I think that is her name. The one with the blond hair and tattoos.

FirePhrase said...

I think Kelly's one of the ones I like too. And I liked Daniel until his "Republic of Cocktailand" dress (Kors was on fire). Yeah, we get it, cupcake. You're a delicate petunia of a child. And you don't understand the catchy-throwy-runny-jumpy stuff. But if Ralph Lauren and Valentino can design for the Olympics, you can get down off your pretty high horse any old time you feel like it.

Holla atcha boy.

Desiree' said...

Yes, I thought the same thing exactly! Another one who is getting on my nerves is Suede. The 3rd person thing gets old real quick.

FirePhrase said...

I have to admit, Suede makes me laugh. I've gone through denial (He did NOT just refer to himself in the third person), anger (If he refers to himself in the third person again, I'm going to throw my shoe at the tv), depression (if he refers to himself in the third person again, I'm going to cry), and on into acceptance (considering changing my name to Veleveteen so that I can say "Velveteen rocked it out").

TIME: Quotes of the Day