Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Refurbishing the Hell Mouth

Okay, people. The bitch is back. I am declaring a moratorium on helping other people out. Starting September 1, no helping other people out for at least a month. No helping people move. No helping with yard work. No wrangling kids at parties. No painting. I'm talking all major jobs. I can drive you to the airport, I cannot resurface your driveway. I can water your plants; I cannot till the back 40. Yes, helping somebody out is good karma. Good karma I've got. A clean house I don't.

Cause my place looks like a hell hole. Seriously. I'm scared. There is stuff everywhere - waiting to be organized, waiting to be painted, waiting to be donated, sold, carted away, washed, dusted, hung, or just plain dealt with.

And, frankly, it's not really about being nice at this point. I'm not nice. I'm just helping you so that I don't have to go home and look at the hopeless, Sisyphean mess that is my humble abode. At this point, it just makes me want to cry big fat giant tears. And using your chores to deflect from my chores has just become unhealthy. I gotta stop.

So. 9/1 to 9/30. It's nose to the grind stone. It's all work and no play from sun up to sun down on every weekend day. I shall be a very dull girl. And don't try to tempt me with fun stuff either. No movies. Put down the beer. I am made of stone. I shall not break. I will not be moved. (Except for Tropic Thunder - call me.)

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day