Monday, May 26, 2008

Whoo. Gonna try to get back in the blogging habit. I've been down to about 3 brain cells and I've needed all 3 of them to get through the day. I ran up to Arkansas for my cousin's wedding. Don't ask me why this put my mental capacity to its limits, but there you have it.


As far as the road trip goes, it was pretty good. Nice bonding time with my sister. Since she got married last summer, we don't get to spend as much time together, so we have
to take our opportunities to hang out where we can. We listened to a bunch of good music, stopped for BBQ at Big Jake's in Hope, AR (hometown of Mr. Bill Clinton) and had some of t
he most fantastic fried sweet potatoes on the planet, laughed a lot, and just generally gabbed about the 6,000 things we would have talked about every day back when we lived together but don't get the chance to much any more.


We ran down to Little Rock on Friday night to see Huey Lewis & the News. Awesome. Just pure awesome. Huey looks pretty freaking good. I'd swear he hasn't put on a pound since the 80s. And his voice is still in fine form. The band did the hits (to which I duly sang along), and some
new tunes. Basically, the fulfillment of many teenage dreams. An
d I close with a shot that my sister "accidentally" took of
Huey's butt. You're welcome.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day