Monday, May 24, 2010

Breaking news

Okay, here it is – I have it from a reliable source, and on close (like a distance of no more than 5 feet close) inspection, that yes, Hugh Jackman is that yummy in person. Oh, my freaking gawrd.

Okay, let me just say that I’m ecstatic to have confirmation of what, in my heart, I’ve always believed to be true. But I’m actually really glad that it was her rather than me. There is no way I could have held my sh** together under those circumstances. I’d have devolved into a complete blithering loon. I would have embarrassed myself. I would have embarrassed him. Mortally. And I would never want to do that to him. But I would have no choice but to geek out in the most spastic way possible. Hysterical giggling would be guaranteed. Piddling would not be out of the question.

And the list of people on this planet that I would do this over is vanishingly small. Bono I would be excited about, but I could hold it together and seem like a reasonably sane person. Steven Spielberg, Neil Armstrong, Cher, Sandra Day O’Connor, the Dalai Lama, Neil Gaiman would all be thrillsville. Politely offer my hand, how do you do, so pleased to make your acquaintance, lovely to have seen you, ta-ta. Cucumber.

Hugh Jackman? Not a chance. So I’m very content with reflected glory, from one degree of separation. And in the knowledge that he really is quite perfect. Sigh.

4 comments:

victory4angela said...

I'd fall apart too. I once saw MacKenzie Phillips in person and turned into a complete giggling moron. She's not even that hot. Seeing Hugh Jackman would've probably made me pass out.

FirePhrase said...

I think passing out would be the best I could hope for. That at least could be explained by something not-quite-embarassing like low blood sugar or the vapors. Worst case scenario is a whole lot of crazy train unleashed on that poor nice man.

WashingtonGardener said...

LOL - I'm picturing my uncle's cocker spaniel, Jake, who is so excited to see me each time he pees himself. Like me and Jake, I'm sure Hugh would understand your enthusiasm and give you a nice, indulgent pat on the head, while shaking his shoes dry.

FirePhrase said...

From your lips to God's ears.

TIME: Quotes of the Day