Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You're a big boy. Use your words.

Okay, I'm just a little more sensitive that normal - not that I'm not always tetchy about this - but the Valentines commercial are already about to drive me around the bend. Not good.

Perhaps it's lag from the holidays. I'm still itchy from the Lexus commercial - "The first time you give someone a Lexus. . . " The first time?? Say what? There would be a second time? There would be a first time? Really? Santa's bag ain't that big, baby.

Anyhoodle.

Now it's "Nothing says "I love you" like roses," "Nothing says "I love you" like a diamond," "Nothing says "I love you" like your very own sparkly pony." Bleh bleh bleh.

You know what says "I love you"?

I love you. You can say it . . . with words. Maybe with a smoochy thrown in. Maybe a little hanky-spanky. But really, opening up your pumpkin pie hole and letting the words come out pretty much gets the job done.

4 comments:

victory4angela said...

Maybe I'm cheap or maybe I'm practical, but I told Mike he better not ever show up with some sparkly car with a big bow on top. I don't want one day of excitement over some fancy car and then 5 years of car payments (I pay the bills). Unless some rich geezer is giving away the car for FREE, I don't want one as a gift. No thanks.

FirePhrase said...

But I know as many women who buy into this whoopdy-doo business as men. When did debt get to be romantic? Was it Rent that messed people up with all that poor but passionate stuff? 'Cause those people were poor before they fell in love.

WashingtonGardener said...

yeah poor and doomed - I think the marketers I HOPING you'll bite, not today though buddy.

FirePhrase said...

I think the advertisers think we're five year olds. "Remember? You LOVE brussel sprouts." "I do? Okay!" "Remember? You need a ring that costs more than the GDP of a banana republic." "I do? Okay!"

TIME: Quotes of the Day