Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fish, houseguests and winter weather

Are we done with winter? Cause I think I’m done with winter. I’ve had just plenty. Plenty of cold, plenty of cold and wet, plenty of cold and wet and gray and windy and just plain awful. Bluh.

It’s been an atypically wintery winter here. And nobody is immune this year. From freaky cold in LA to Snowpocalypse in DC. Hell, even Florida (Florida!!) had a bad freeze this year. That’s just wrong. Old people go there to stay warm. On a scale of miserable, this one is blowing the bell curve. I don't like it. I just . . . don't. And anyone who says anything about loving winter can just suck it. You are wrong.

So, I think we’re done. Winter has been an inconsiderate houseguest and outstayed its welcome. It’s time for you to go. And don’t try to steal the towels on your way out.

4 comments:

WashingtonGardener said...

I was done with winter before it even started - HATE IT!

FirePhrase said...

I'd think it's especially rough on you because winter doesn't do much but bollocks up all your hard work out in the garden.

I know that seasons are all about contrasts, and this will just make us appreciate spring more. But come on!

WashingtonGardener said...

BTW did you hear about Alexander McQueen? I'm heart-broken.

FirePhrase said...

Absolutely shocking. A truly original voice, and only 40. There's really no one out there to take his place.

TIME: Quotes of the Day