Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eat, watch TV and be merry. For tomorrow . . .

Well, this is it. Tomorrow the Great Fast begins. No processed foods and no television.

So basically, I’ve just been bingeing for the last 4 or 5 days. I’d been experimenting with the clean food thing since January. But since Friday, it’s been pretty much hitting my favorite trash food spots for the farewell tour. CiCi’s pizza. Sonny Bryan’s barbecue. Candy. Soda. Get in my belly! And tonight, it’s the piece de resistance of hurts-so-good food – Taco Bueno. Ah, Bueno. I love you so. The Muchaco (basically like the Taco Bell Gordita, but greasier to a power of 10) would probably make the Eat This, Not That guy have an apoplectic fit and reach for his smelling salts. Screw him. I’m eating two of them. And I’m stopping for Twinkies and Hershey’s syrup on the way home.

And I’ve been pretty much making sure my DVR is empty, so that I can handle the load of recordings that it’s going to have to take. I’ve got half a season or more of a load of my favorites (Burn Notice, Project Runway, Celebrity Fit Club, Celebrity Rehab, etc., etc. and etc.) AND In Plain Sight will be starting the new season next month. And they were at a very critical juncture. Will Mary come out of her coma? Will her mother stay clean? Will Marshall grow a set and tell Mary he lurvs her? Will I kill anyone who spills the beans before I can catch up? Hell, yeah. [Actually, I’ve already pre-determined that I will not actively seek out any plot updates, but will take any spoilers as karmically pre-ordained and just the way the cookie crumbles. The unprocessed, homemade cookie, with no artificial colors or preservatives. Yummy.]

But now I know what they mean when they talk about addicts showing up intoxicated at rehab. There’s no way I’m rolling into tomorrow dry. I’m watching the boob tube until 11:59:59. And chomping a Muchaco all the way.

2 comments:

glorm said...

OK, I think I understand what you are trying to do, but why television? The Olympics are on (unless you don't care).

Boy, are you going to be wired tomorrow. LOL. Good luck with all.

FirePhrase said...

I found a candy stash of (appropriately enough) Squirrel Nut Zippers and Coconut Long Boys. I've been munching away on the for 20 minutes. Honestly, I haven't done this much damage to my glucose levels in at least a month.

And you know me and the sports. Not so much. Especially sports that take place in snow or on ice. I keep wondering why there's not a medication for that. We can put a man on the moon. But we can't cure curling.

I know. It's a little weird, this giving up TV thing. I'd have probably been a flagpole sitter back in the 20s.

TIME: Quotes of the Day