Friday, June 12, 2009

Nerd Princess

Okay, so I'm on the train last night and this kid is totally staring at my chest. I say kid. He was probably early 20s. A kid. And he seems to realize he's staring at my chest. And forces himself to look away. [Just to give context, the train was very crowded and we were both strap hanging.] But he just keeps getting sucked back in.


What up? My chest is a lot like Kansas - flat and nothing much to see. And what is there is in a very sturdy brassiere, so there isn't a lot of movement, shall we say. So I'm going through things in the chestular area - blob of toothpaste? shadow in the shape of Jesus? forgot to shave the pits? I thought it might be 80s Madonna pits, but a quick check shows that I appear to have adequate coverage even if I'm a few days past tanktop smooth. But while my eyes drift to my pits, they pass - ah ha! - my t-shirt. It is a most awesome t-shirt.



Though you have to be either me or someone like me to truly appreciate it's eminent hilarity. Nerd. Mystery solved. And judging by the kid's nerd boy backpack, I'd say I have that one locked in. He just lusted after my shirt.


Geniusly entitled "It Came Out of Nowhere", the shirt is from shirt.woot.com. An obsession that a colleague should have kept to her darned self. I've already bought 2 of their designs. It's like nerd princess heaven. I bought today's wickedly funny depiction of forbidden fruit as well. Couldn't resist, as they say. Ah, well. At least I'll be the envy of nerd boys everywhere.

1 comment:

WashingtonGardener said...

Good to know he was more nerd than perv. I could say you were asking for it wearing that nerd-bait...

TIME: Quotes of the Day