Monday, June 8, 2009

AND it had Liza with a Z

I admit it’s a slightly weird form of revenge. But it tastes sweet nonetheless.

Usually, I have to listen to post game rehash at work. Especially for football or the golfing or “the final four” whatever sport that is. Bo-ring. But I’m tolerant. I sip my coffee and thank the powers that be that at least I don’t work with people who paint themselves colors, and that the fantasy whatchamacallit seems to have died down. Really though, I’d rather hear color commentary of a colonoscopy.

But now I have a colleague who enjoys the Tony’s as much as I do. This is my Super Bowl. Who were the game makers? What were the big plays? What was up with that girl who quoted John Kennedy? Dial it back, honey. And, most critical, how was the host? Wow. NPH, if you ever get even the tiniest bit bi-curious, call me. We’ll make out. Suave as hell, my friend. You should host every Tony show.

I know the Broadway Babies think it’s a night to celebrate the arts. But really, it’s a chance to see what touring company I want to check out when it hits my town. Tops on the list is Rock of Ages. Yes, it’s a music box show. But if you’re a child of the 80s who did even the tiniest bit of head banging (who didn’t?), and a musical fan, that’s some rockin’ music box.

And, speaking of rocking, if you missed it, and only have time for one replay, go find Frank Langella’s presenter spot on YouTube. Funniest bit of the night.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day