Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tool Time


Well, just in time, my new powder room faucet arrived.

Isn't it cute? I saw the cross handles, and who could resist? I think I've picked out the light fixture too. I just need to run to the Depot, and take a second look. And I've ordered the kitchen faucet, so it should be here on Friday. Which will just leave a mirror for the PR and a garbage disposal for the kitchen. My mom has warned me to buy some sort of high horsepower disposal, just in case somebody decides to shove a whole chicken down the drain. Not sure why this is important, but Mummy assures me it is.

Just in time because, Contractor Steve arrives on Friday. First off is getting rid of the (ugh) mold and squishy dry wall. I have done everything I can not to look in that bathroom. Just ooks me out no end. I just try to keep the door shut and imagine my rockin' new water closet when it's done.

Frankly, due to my ongoing cable TV saga (don't ask, puce smoke starts shooting from my ears if I talk about it), I'm already sick of having people tromping in and out of my house. No matter how nice service are, it's in the door/out the door/in the door/out the door. I refuse to clean the entry tile until it's all done. Though, I am glad to say that the porch fence is finally done, and may the lord have mercy on their souls for the mess they made. I will reluctantly admit that the result does look nice.

But that's the thing. It will all look nice in the end. It will all be worth it. Dammit. It better all be worth it.

No comments:

TIME: Quotes of the Day